Thursday 24 May 2018

Doodle and Me



Doodle and me go back a long way. I am guessing it is something we all did as school students. Yes those designs in the margins of the notebook during class is what I am referring to. A continuous pattern or scribbling our own names or artistic representation of some letters. Yes those exact things that filled the margins of our book and for which we got flak from both parents and teachers.

Now years later I saw my son’s books filled with these scribbles and ofcourse I gave him a piece of my mind. But was reminded of my own school days. So essentially all children do this. Yes I learn a lot from my prodigy [whether I like it or not is irrelevant].

I got interested in this and was excite to recreate all those scribbles once more. And I instantly fell in love with this. I did some google search and apparently it's now been give big names like zentangle, zendoodle etc… those humble scribbles have a big nome now yeah!!

But what exactly is doodle? Doodle is nothing but an assortment of lines, curves, circles etc.. in repetitive mode to give a pattern. I started doodling and couldn’t stop it.  It helps in focusing, aids to be in the present moment, is very relaxing, is a forgiving art but be warned it is addictive. You just cannot put the pen down. Have created some beautiful stuff will put it below for your viewing. These picture were shot on my mobile phone and do absolutely NO justice to the ones in front of me.

I started with this feather and then the design next to it. Started on white paper. Took me a while to get adjusted to the pen, also my eyes took a while to get adjusted to such fine work.

This is the finished product

I have been fascinated by the Koi fish and always thought it was difficult to draw. I thought of giving it a shot here. After all it's doodle. And believe me you, this one is the most gorgeous of all and I am so proud of myself for creating it.


After the success of Koi I chose to draw a simple fish. I also wanted to experiment with various neon coloured paper. But these paper were very thin.

Somehow the owl interested me and I made this owl family. Turned out to be very cute. Also my son's favourite.







Tried this beautiful heart and star patterns on coloured paper. Nice.


Also created this beautiful feather. This has fine work on it, the eye hurt by the time I finished it. Each piece took about 20 mins to be completed. But was so much fun. Live Doodle art party anyone?? Do contact me.

Do drop a line, as to which ones you liked. Would love to hear from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment