Friday 20 March 2020

Miracle Garden


My son wanted to participate in a story telling competition in school. The Only condition was that it should be self-written story. I discussed with sonny boy and he wanted to write something about trees/nature. And so we started…..

There is this divinely beautiful miracle garden I saw. It had tall huge gates made of gold. Solid strong brick walls layered with colourful creepers. This mesmerised me. I lightly touched the gates and it opened welcoming me inside. Oh! What a sight to behold.



The most cheerful swaying trees, shrubs and bushes. There were so many fruits hanging. Apples, mangoes, pears, chikoo, peaches, oranges, grapes, strawberries and watermelons too. I picked a fruit here, tasted another there, they were the juiciest fruits I ever had. I picked and packed some vegetables for my mom to cool delicious meals.

I also saw pretty smiling flowers – roses, daisies, tulips, sunflowers and lillies too. I then saw a gentle stream of clear blue water, I t had many colourful fishes in it. There were ducks, swans, and frogs on the banks of this stream. I sat down on the lush green carpet of grass nearby. Admiring the beautiful busy butterflies and bees. Rabits and squirrels too dropped by to say Hi!
Tired, I layed down on the grass looked up at the sky and sunshine. The sun got a little to bright and I covered by eyes. I rubbed them and opened my eyes – OHHO! All this was just a dream?

I picked up the newspaper lying around. It read, over 400 tress chopped in Aarey alone!

Sigh! We do need some green miracle.

3 comments:

  1. beautifully painted...very well written, struck a compassionate chord!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully painted...very well written,struck a compassionate chord!!

    ReplyDelete