Monday 16 February 2015

My Madhubani ...

Madhubani painting also called Mithila painting is practiced in the Mithila region of Bihar state. The paintings are done with fingers, twigs, nib pens, matchsticks, and colours are made from natural dyes and pigments. There are paintings for various occassions such as birth, marriage, festivals, thread ceremony etc... These paintings are characterized by bright colours and eye catching geometric patterns. The motifs are outlined with black colour, the image of gods have big eyes. This art is typically passed down generations. However I picked it by observation.

Below is my experiment with this beautiful art. Let me know what you think about it. This art work takes a very long time the book marks took over an hour to be made. The larger piece took over three hours. It can be framed and used as wall art. I have used pencil colours and ink for my work.


Do drop a line would love to hear from you.
Click here for some bookmarks.






4 comments: