Tuesday 27 December 2016

School tiffin ideas

Cooking is an art and school tiffin in that gamut is a challenge to say the least. So many things come into play e.g.: The choice of menu, presentation, taste, nutritional value, palatable after about 4/5 hours of cooking etc.

Some children just do not eat home cooked food. They thrive on junk. While I do not have such a problem, my challenge is how NOT to repeat a menu. And that is a pressure created by my own self :)

Presenting a week's school tiffin ideas.

This is picture heavy post. Those who expect recipes, sorry this post is just to give you an idea and not discuss recipes.



The above is my son's favourite, it is sabudana khichadi. There is roughly 4 hours gap between me cooking and his lunch time. In this time some foods become dry hence I added some curd to this sabudana khichadi. 


The above is vegetable upma. I topped it up with some threptin biscuits. I use a top up generally on tiring days like physical training. 



The above is Dalia Upma. I have topped it with a treat - seedless dates.



 The above is a simple fruit tiffin. On very busy days when I do not have the time to cook something, these fruits come handy. I try and toss in fruits with different flavours and textures. Here i have added oranges, guava, bananas and seedless dates.


The above is toasted chila bread. I put 2 slices together in form of a sandwich and added some ketchup in the middle. I added few oranges for a treat.


The above is the humble poha. The treat is seedless dates and cashew nuts. 

I usually also send him a tiny bus tiffin, just incase he gets hungry on his way back. In the picture above there is his school tiffin, a tiny bus tiffin and a water bottle.

I don't really care much about the school tiffin. The bus tiffin usually has some junk like flavored wafers or biscuits.

So what do you think of my tiffin ideas? Do comment below. I am forever looking for vegetarian school tiffin ideas and inspiration. In the comment please do share some of your ideas.








No comments:

Post a Comment