Tuesday 9 December 2014

Christmas DIY part I

We are in the second week of December and for some reason it just doesn't feel like Christmas. In my part of the world even the proverbial 'nip in the air' is missing. Tried surrounding myself with the colour of the season, but sigh! not much use. Was going through some old pictures. Came across simple Christmas DIY I made last year. This immediately lifted my spirits. Hence I decided to share it on the post here.

Christmas Bells:

One of the important association with Christmas is the Christmas bells. I decided to make them myself. 
  1. Picked thermocol glasses and painted them in red and gold as shown below.
  2. Then I made a hole at the base of the glasses and inserted a decorative thread across each glass. 
  3. At the base of the thread I hung tiny bells [as shown in the right hand side picture below]. 
  4. I then completed the look with a golden lace bow. 



 These bells are ready to be hung from the ceiling of the room or on the Christmas tree, or from the door etc...





Cherry:

Another association with Christmas are the cherries. I didn't really like the ones readily available in the market hence decided to make it myself. I used epoxy bond for the purpose. 
  1. Handcrafted tiny balls for cherry and coloured them red
  2. Next I made the leaves and coloured them green. I decided to make the veins on the leaf with 3D glitter
  3. Tadda its ready [picture below]


These can be either put up on the christmas tree or many such can be made and put at the base of a candle.

I sure had fun making these Christmas decorations. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much. Do drop a line to describe how you liked it. If it inspires you to copy the DIY please do send across a picture of your work, I would love to see it.

Standby for the part II ...



P.S.: Please note, when I made the christmas bells I wasn't aware of the side effects of thermocol on our planet. Please avoid using thermocol for any decoration at all.






16 comments:

  1. Hey these look wonderful and easy too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aarti I loved the Christmas bells alot.

    You are so talented !! I was wondering what these thermocol cups would be used now ..and was amazed at the finished product! Simply wow !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sangeeta. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg this looks so much fun and your instructions make it easy to do. Thanks for posting. Love how easily u made the bells! Have a merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you too Sonal. Glad you liked the post.

      Delete
  5. These look really lovely and super easy as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the appreciation Rachna glad you liked it.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful, innovative and super creative, Rachna:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vishal I am lost. Were you meaning to write on Rachna's post?

      Delete
  7. The bells look Lovely Aarti. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Nidhi. Thanks for dropping a line.

      Delete
  8. Lovely DIY :) Definitely sharing with my girls so they can try it too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful ideas! But it's Christmas DIY and not Christams DIY :)

    ReplyDelete