Tuesday 23 December 2014

Christmas DIY Part III

Hello friends!! we have just another day before Christmas and I am bursting with ideas and unfortunately do not have enough time for execution. Frankly I had not planned the part III, but it just happened.

My son wanted to make something for his teachers for Christmas and I wanted him to help in the creation [as usual]. One of my favourite gifting option is the bookmark and hence I got a brainwave!!!
I decided to make Christmas special bookmarks. How? Read on.....

Materials:

  1. Well usual suspects......
  2. Chart paper [Red, White, Green]
  3. Scissors
  4. Glue
  5. Popsicle
  6. Permanent marker
  7. Sparkles
  8. Colours
  9. Stones etc..
  10. 3D outliners

Lets begin.....


Santa bookmark: [Refer to the picture below]

  1. Take red strips about 1.5 inch thick and 3 inch long [double]. Cut the body of santa as shown the picture below. 
  2. Then make the cut out of face on white paper and stick it on the red chart paper
  3. Make tiny balls of cotton
  4. Stick these to mark the shape of Santa's cap and beard
  5. Draw specs and put a bright red sticker for his nose.
  6. Also draw Santa's coat buttons and belt
  7. Now Stick this on the Popsicle
  8. Write Christmas wishes on the Popsicle with permanent marker
  9. Book mark is ready to be gifted

Above is a pictorial representation of steps to make the santa bookmark 


Above is a picture of the finished product



Christmas tree bookmark: [Refer to the picture below]




  1. Take green strips about 1.5 inch thick and 3 inch long [double]. Cut the shape of the Christmas tree
  2. Insert the Popsicle in-between both sheets of green chart paper
  3. Decorate tree with 3D liners/colour/stones etc as desired
  4. The Christmas tree book mark is ready!!

Above is a pictorial representation of the steps to make the Christmas tree bookmark 





Picture of the finished products


As usual I enjoyed doing this project. My elf showed a lot of enthusiasm helping me make this. He was also excited to gift them to his teachers. Do drop a line I love to hear from you.

2 comments: