Thursday 25 September 2014

9 ratri, 9 raas, 9 rang.............

And the festival of colours is here! I am so excited. It means many things to many people in my country. For some bringing home durga ma, for some kali maa pandal visits, garba, gollu, Ravan dahan, feast etc.. All these excite and interest me. It is a time when generally people are happy and high!


  • I love the gollu. I am not a Tamilian hence do not know the rules of the set up. Nonetheless I will not let it dampen my spirit. In keeping with my tradition of having a center piece for every festival in my house, I have made a representation of the gollu. Many things like the kalaash, Marapacchi, Chettiar dolls, Ashta Laxmi, Dash avaatar, lit deepa etc.. are conspicuous by its absence. I have included the kolam by drawing it on a chart paper. Below are pictures of my dolls display.


























Pictures of the dolls display at my house this year


  • And last but not the least the Garba. For these nine nights my gujju blood surfaces. And I get into a frenzy of the garba raas. Haaalo re!

My Garba outfit and accessories
So ladies and gentlemen enjoy this beautiful festival. Allow the shakti and the demon within ourselves to battle and may the shakti win over our inner demons.


2 comments: