Wednesday 17 September 2014

Kids activity

Keeping a child entertained, busy and yet put him through a learning process is a tough job. I cant claim I am good at it, but I try sometimes...

  • Below are glimpses of some work done with my son for his teachers. Below is a picture of a card and some bookmarks we created for teachers day last year. Last year he was in nursery. So I got him to do vegetable painting and I completed the rest for him.


 



  • Below is a picture of a card we made for his teacher at year end. Here we did hand print on the front of the card. On the rear side I got him to do thumb printing and created a flower. I completed it by writing the message on it. He was so thrilled with his own work he kept on saying "maine banaya, maine banaya".

 



  • Below is a picture of book marks we created this year for teacher's day. This year he is learning to write. So I got him to write as many letters hes learnt in school. I wrote a message behind and laminated the bookmarks. He was so happy to make these bookmarks that he himself made similar bookmarks for may parents.




  • I had read about this activity on some blog whose URL i don't recall. I collected my sons tiny toys in a container and froze them. Then on one dull monsoon evening I got him to do this activity. I got this container out from the fridge and asked him to rescue his toys. He was amazed to see the frozen toys. He absolutely had a blast!!! Managed to keep him engaged for about an hour. He wants to do this activity over and over again. However be aware this activity is messy and be prepared to have water all over in the room.



Do drop a line to let me know what you think of our activity, or even to drop a few ideas I can use with my son. Thank you.

2 comments: