Monday 20 April 2015

DIY accessory for potted plants

Hi everyone! Like most people living in the metros I too have space constraint and therefore my so called garden is on my window grill. And yes I do struggle to keep my plants alive. The regular stuff like watering, plant food, trimming, rotation basis sunlight etc... does happen. But the difficult one to tackle are attacks from the pigeon and crows!

Somewhere I read that the birds do not like bright colours. So I decided to do a DIY accessory for the plants that will also protect them. 

This one is a very quick DIY. The materials required are pop sticks or regular kulfi sticks, readymade flowers or butterflies made of net and glue. I choose butterfly because I love butterflies.



Procedure: [refer to pic above]

  1. Stick the ready made butterfly to the stick
  2. Allow it to dry and then place it in the pots




I choose bright pink and purple butterflies. Look above don't they look beautiful. Now I just hope the birds don't like them as much as I do.

I used to stick flags of different colours to stick and put it in the pots, also used some of my son's craft stuck it on the sticks and put it in the pots. But I liked this the best.

This one is such a quick and easy DIY that you have absolutely no excuse not to try it. Do try it and share your experience with me. Do let me know if you liked my idea, drop a line below I am waiting :)

Check my other work here. Or simply search for craft and art on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment