Saturday 2 May 2015

Rangoli designs in under five minutes.

I know a lot of people who love Rangoli but just cant find the time to draw one. Lets do a show of hands. How many in this category? Hmn I know many isn't it. This post is just for you! Yup you read it right, it is about...
Rangolis designs that can be drawn in under 5 minutes!


Seriously, I have actually timed myself on these. Some of these have taken about 3 minutes. So if you are an ardent lover of the floor art but cant find the time to devote to it, here are a few inspiration designs for you.

Over the years I have come up with a few tricks. Firstly you need to have the design in mind atleast the basic. Often what I have in mind is very different from what comes up on the floor. But a gist does help. Second and most important keep the design simple. Third is the colouring. This stage takes up a long time [not referring to the Sanskar Bharati variety]. This is where I have learnt to cheat. Yup, we do not really have to colour the entire rangoli. Colouring just a few parts really enhance the design. Alternately you could choose to leave the rangolis white. However some cultures consider it inauspicious to do so hence colouring is a must. 

My designs are a representation of all the above mentioned tricks. And now without much ado presenting some of my Rangoli design drawn in under five minutes.






I know you loved them, didn't you? So I want you to drop a few words in the comments section below. I also would like you to try out these designs and let me know your experience.

For more designs you could visit:
Borders

Contemporary
Traditional

Others

Alternately just search on the blog for Rangoli designs. Together lets celebrate and revive the floor art in our urban living.


No comments:

Post a Comment