Friday 21 November 2014

Handmade coaster basket

Having a child proof home is a tough job and takes forever to do so. Simple things like the beautiful coaster stands and cruet sets have a life of couple of hours in a house with a child living in it.

Talking of coaster stands, I have had my share of many broken ones. Hence I decided to make a child proof coaster basket. I decided to use the newspaper weaving method for this.

Below are picture of steps involved in its making. Make the skeleton for the desired shape, weave to form the shape, prime the finished product and colour of your choice. Simple! 

Below is a picture of the finished product. I am very happy with the result. What do you think?

Coloring the newspaper weaved products are tricky. The crevices somehow don't take well to coloring. In case someone has any tips/tricks please do share for the benefit of other readers. I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment