Monday 24 November 2014

Tissue paper holder

.........and the child friendly home saga continues. In the same spirit I decided to make a tissue paper holder. Yes my beautiful ceramic tissue paper holders have broken in the past and I cant go through this pain again, not to even get to the cleaning of the mess part.

Here is my beautiful tissue paper basket woven with old newspaper.

Clearly I am in love with my work hence clicked it from different angles.... :)


In case this interests you, below are pictures of the DIY in a nutshell.

Applying a primer before coloring helps in giving it an even finish. Do drop in a line to tell me what you think of my work, love to hear from you.



4 comments:

  1. wow...this looks awesome!! great DIY to try out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. We tried this on a vacation this year with my tween nieces. Turned out horrible because we were doing it the first time. From the pic I thought you had used plarn. (plastic yarn from plastic bags). Anyway, it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete