Friday 28 November 2014

Kids activity

Its a tough job to keep the child off screens, given the variety of screens we have in this generation. So, one evening my son was in that irritable mood for no rhyme or reason. Didn't want to colour/write/read books etc... I kept on wondering what I should do other than whack him.

Remembered I had some stickers in my craft box. Pulled it out. Then picked up an old used curd container [clean one].
Handed over both these materials to my son and asked him to stick the star shaped stickers on the curd container. Once it was done I told him he could keep his pencils, erasers and sharpners in it or keep his tooth brush and toothpaste. He was thrilled with this activity. He spent about half hour making it [with my help and supervision] and next half hour admiring it. Fun isn't it. Below are pictures of him at work. Good job Aarti!!


My son at work, picture taken by yours truly

Besides keeping him engaged this activity also helps in concentration, fine motor skill development and hand and eye coordination.

Do drop a line as to how you liked the activity. Would love to hear from you, your kid activity ideas. Look forward to hearing from you.

10 comments: